Friday, September 7, 2007

A "Happy" familly reunited...

It's weird... It's a miracle !!! I am speechless and confused ! Happy is back home after 4 month and 13 days of absence...
First I would like to thanks some people who wrote some special comments about Happy on my blog or even on the TTOL forum, comments which were full of hope and faith in the fact that we were soon going to find him. So to Vicky (aka Sca2la) and Carolina who were the first to predict that it may show up at the least unexpected moment, to Barbara, Melissa and Jessica I say thank you! Your positivism might had helped us to find Happy ...
My partner who found him wrote in detail in his
blog ( http://sxm-just-talk-to-the-animals.blogspot.com/ ) how he found him.
Happy is extremely skinny, he lost a lot of weight during those month. He has vet appointment for this morning to make sure he is OK. Apparently he has some yeast in his ears, the same as he had when we found him across from our bakery seven years ago. We still have no idea of what happened and why he disappeared, and even no idea about how he managed to end up on Orient Bay !!! Happy is not a swimmer, so he couldn't had swim from the "look at" tower on Oyster Pond road to the very close Galion Beach. He only could had walked to French Quarter, then maybe go around the Saline, end up on the Galion and then walk to Orient... Or maybe someone could had take him in a car and drop him or abandon him later on because he is too dumb... We are going to Orient Bay 4 to 5 times a week and we never saw him anywhere. He still has is collar but not his tag anymore. He lost it or was remove.
Happy vanished on the 24th of April 2007 during an early morning walk on the Coralita Beach with my Partner, while I was in France, holding the hand of my Mom who passed away at the exact same time... I am just glad he is back in the Family.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like I said on Bill's blog, this made my day!
I was just posting something on my blog and I went to yours to see if you had posted anything. I could not believe what I was reading.
I am so happy!
You found him!
what an amazing story!
I am overjoyed for you!
Barbara

Philippe said...

Thank you Barbara,
All those month we really thought the worse.. So many dog just disappear on this island and are never found again. Most of them are used in training other dogs for fight !!! we all suspect that and nothing is really done about it. How many time, my partner or I found "decapitated" dog's body washed ashore in Oyster Pond ? many time.... What is going on here is horible and should be uncovered. I am just glad that he did had to go through this and that he is back home now!
Kind regards
Philippe

Philippe said...

correction, read : "glad that he didn't had to go through that..."
Sorry,
Philippe

Unknown said...

What great news, I am so glad for you and Bill, and for Happy!

Unknown said...

Philippe

Bill and I are so happy that you and Bill have found Happy!

Elaine

Lee said...

This is my first visit to your blog so I've not been on your 'lost dog' journey, yet I am smiling ear to ear.

Very glad for you.

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news :-)

Keala